
I think it goes without saying that my sisters are more diligent and a lot better at blogging that I am. Quite simply we do not have as much going on in our lives as they do. WE lead a very quiet, simple, routine-like life in the desert and we like it that way. I love the excitement and stories that the girls and now the K Kerr Five share. It makes me miss them more and more. So with that…here we go.
Bryson is officially registered for pre-school now. Lisa found a pre-school that is pretty close to home, affordable and a good place to send kids. He will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3 hours a day. He is starting to pick up the pace on the potty-training and is aware of what the “urge” feels like. It is quite humorous to watch a 3 year old on an adult size toilet. He is funny. He is too smart for his own good and knows how to play his cards. The interaction that he and Lisa have is great to watch and they are quite the pair. He is still a huge momma’s-boy and he does not let me forget it. He took a toy away from me the other night and gave it to Lisa, but not before looking back at me. I just have to laugh and smile!!
Bryce has discovered cookie dough and he likes it. He knows that he gets to help make cookies and then he gets to sample the product before going into the oven. He is becoming quite the cook and a good helper in the kitchen. They made cookies the other night and I even got to have the first one.

Lisa just finished up her first semester at ASU and was very glad to see the summer break come when it did. She did a great job balancing being a student and a mom. She did so well that I am going to continue to pay for her to be a stay at home mom and all of the perks that come with that!!! I am so proud of her for wanting to finish school.
She and Bryce have their routine- they go to the park, have lunch, go swimming, have a snack, wait for me to come home and have dinner. Most of the time I ask what they did just to see of they wavered from what they love to do.
I am busy with work as the tasks just keep piling on. I love my job and the responsibility and challenges that it brings. I have a great boss and a good staff. Our operations center has had a great 4 months and the prospects keep going up. I have not done too much out of the office lately for a variety of reasons. But that is slowly changing as the weather heats up, yes I said I will be more active as it gets hotter.
Down here in the desert the higher the temperature the lower the green fees. Golf courses charge pretty high rates during the “cooler” season and when the summer rolls around they slash the rates. One of the courses that we play at is at ASU. During the summer we can golf on Wednesday at 330 for $17, normally it is $90. There are great courses around the area and are very reasonable. We play early in the morning on the weekends and have a great time. Shooting guns will be new to us this year, but a friend has a canopy that we can set up and utilize the shade. I am lucky to have great friends that enjoy doing the things that I like. My friend Doug is the closest thing to a brother that I have. With Kelly so far away I need a buddy who can fill Kelly’ shoes and Doug has done that many times over.
We love all of you and hope that everyone is well. We remind everyone that our doors are open to you and we have the room for a lot of guests. We would love to have visitors whenever you have the time to come see us. If you are worried about the heat- don’t be. We have a great air conditioner and we know lots of spots that use their air conditioners without hesitation. We have a great pool and a key to all of the HOA pools in the area!!!
3 comments:
Congratulations, Lisa. We're proud of you. (I wish I had the nerve to go back to school. Preston told me I needed to.) Has Bryson made any more baklava? His last batch was delicious!!! AND Bryan, don't shoot your eye out, kid!
We know all about the quiet and simple life. I think that's why it took us so long to start a blog. Our lives are usually so boring and routine we were afraid we would never have an entry. Quiet and Simple is how we like it. I guess that's why our families have so much fun together! We Miss you guys.
finally, so glad you were able to catch up! We are heading over to our friends for a BBQ so lets webcam when we get back.....7:30 our time or so!
Love ya
Post a Comment