
Jodie took a detour to Baltimore to see the Major before his deployment (see her blog). Mom asked me if I would help her drive Jodie’s car and kids back to Colorado Springs. I flew into Ontario airport Thursday eve and prepared for the drive on Friday. After dropping Jodie off at the airport we hit the road for a very, very long road trip. We made the trek in 17 hours- that includes all fill ups, rest area stops, food stops. It was miserable for all of us. The kids had their movies and that kept them relatively entertained. It is very hard for a 7, 5 and 2 year old to spend that much time in a car. It is even harder for a 31 year old and a 54 year old. We were all tired, cranky, sore and glad to be someplace where we could get out if each other’s way.



Mom and I decided that New Mexico was the ugliest state that I have ever seen and we could not wait to get out. There was no color, there was no personality, and even the rock formations were hideous. I am not sure what attracts people to New Mexico or what makes them stay; but that place is not for me. UGLY!!!!

The kids were very happy to be in their own beds and to be able to play in their own backyard. Preston and I shot some baskets while Mason and Taylor did their own thing. On Saturday evening, Preston and I went to the Rockies/Diamondbacks game at Coors Field. It was my second trip to Coors’ Field, first game. It is a great field and it was a great game. We saw multiple home runs, came close to a couple of foul balls and had good food. It was fun too see Preston get worked up at a baseball game!!! He gets mad when the pitcher throws a ball. The only bummer of the evening was getting word that UCLA got whipped by Memphis.




Sunday was nice, I got to go home. After 3 states, 1200 miles, 5 Monster energy drinks, and 10 hours behind the wheel my flight home was as nice. It was a clear day in Phoenix so the view was great and once I saw South Mountain I knew that home was close. Bryson gave me a hug and kiss when I walked in and hearing, “Hi Daddy” was the best thing I heard all weekend. It was hard not seeing him for 3 days but I am sure that he was busy enough to not realize I was gone. I ended my day with a nice dip in the pool and a long sit in the hot tub.
4 comments:
Okay, so I totally laughed through the entire blog because I could just feel your pain!!!! You are awesome and I love you. Thank you for taking such good care of my family! It's great to be back and finally catching up on everyone's blogs. I am going to put a link in my blog to your entry, priceless. You are such a great writer. The weekend in Nov sounds great for us! We'll save the tickets for you guys! Love to everyone.
It was an experience that will never be duplicated!!! On the whole it was a great trip; I absolutely love spedning time with Preston when he is away from the siblings. He has grown up so much and it was neat to be able to talk sports with him. I am sure that they were happy to see me go home; but we are anxious to have you guys come down again to our place. We love you.
You guys are great!!! Thanks, Bryan, for extending yourself to take care of the rest of use AND your own litle family.
Could there be a better Uncle???? Want to do a road trip with mine???!??!! LOL
Post a Comment