OK, it is officially golf season and I am in full stride. I played last weekend with a group of guys from work (who all moved from the Costa Mesa center) and had a great time. I had 7 pars and a birdie. Most people would say great and leave it at that but...not my brother. Always able to see the real meaning of what a I am telling him he asked a very simple question that burst my bubble- "What about the other 10?" Only my brother could take me from such a great high to a humbling low and not have me get upset. Kelly is the greatest pal a guy could have.
I played today with a couple of guys who spent the day trying to out do each other and eventually me. We played from the back tees (one box in from the longest on the course) these guys should have been playing a lot closer to the hole. I am not the greatest golfer, I am barely good, but these guys were not even barely golfers. I spent most of my day waiting for them but it was a lot of fun hearing them talk trash at the others expense. I finished with an 85 and they were both in triple digits. I forgot how much fun it was to play with guys who don't know because everyone tries to outdo each other. It was fun and cheap. $20 for 18 and a cart at a ice place.
Next month is the big test. Lisa, Bryson and I are going up to Minden to spend a week with Nani and Papa. We are not sure who is more excited, us or them. This will be Bryson's first plane ride and the first time to their house. In order to get me out of their (Nani and Papa) they hit me up for two of my favorite things. Golf and hanging out with my brother. In a moment of weakness (wink) they said that if I were to come up and bring my clubs that they would invite Kelly up to play golf with me. Two ok's later and Kelly and I are planning on a least 3 rounds that weekend. Then to make things even better one of my best friends, Brad, may drive over from Oakland for a day or so to play golf with us. I will have my family, my two best friends and a weekend of golf. That will be one of the best weeks I have had in a very, very long time.
I would be remiss if I did not pay homage to the veterans of our Armed Services on this Memorial Day Weekend. I am so grateful for the sacrifices they have made, are making now and will make in the future. I am especially grateful for Steve, for everything that he stands for. It is not very often that a modern day hero and idol just happens to be your brother-in-law. I consider myself very fortunate for having a good looking sister (two in fact) to catch the eye of such an awesome man.
I remind everyone that the summer rates for the Hotel Kerr are now in affect (and that includes gun play and/or golf).

4 comments:
I definitely want to shoot that rifle. That thing is sweet.
So, as I am listening to Highway to Hell (lol), I am trying to figure out the golf lingo. As you have personally and physically experienced, Gus doesn't golf and I suck, even, at miniature golf. Story: Papa always gets sick when he travels and they are coming out here for Dillon's graduation. Papa told Nani that if he even feels like something is coming, then he is out of here because he can't miss golfing with the boys. They are both excited to see you guys.
You crack me up. I don't understand most of what you write, but it makes me laugh. Summer rates at the motel? I may have to make a reservation soon. I appreciate your comment about our modern day hero - right in our family. But he isn't the only one!!!!!!! We love you and your family!!
Scotty- anytime pal, my buddies and I are a small army. We pack heavy arms
Becky- yes I remember that your husband is not a golfer, ask him if remembers bouncing a golf ball off my ankle from an impossible angle. Kelly sure remembers. We are anxious to spend the week with Nani and Papa
Mom- We are not some cheap motel, we are a 5 star resort!!!
Post a Comment