Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What's Old is...awesome

OK, when the opportunity presented itself for me to go and see Iron Maiden, that is not a typo, in concert I could not pass. Since I love guitars and rock I figured that this should be fun. I like Metallica and a few heavy metal songs. My buddy Doug got the tickets and I gladly went along. I honestly did not know what to expect. Considering that these guys have been around for quite some time I expected them to stand, strum their guitars and probably be off key more than once. The only thing I knew about Iron Maiden was their shirts and the fact I could never wear one. I was probably the only guy in the whole place who did not know one chord or one word of any song. So when the lights went down I thought it would be okay. Hey they have 4 guitars it can't be too bad.
Boy was I wrong; these older guys rock. They threw it down relentlessly for 2 hours. It was like a no holds barred fight; they did not hold back. All 5 guys (not including the drummer) were all over the stage for the entire concert. When they started at 830 I had no idea that they were going to blow the roof off for 2 hours. The tickets we had were general admission pit tickets, meaning that we were on the rail- 2 feet from the stage. We were also about 3 feet from the speakers which means we felt the music all night long. I would not know an Iron Maiden song if it hit me in the face, but I do know that when we left my ears were ringing and my hearing was muffled. I have never been so entertained in my life and would gladly go see them again should the chance arise again. When it was all said and done I had taken over a hundred pictures. It was incredible!! I am not sure how we will top this but my mind is hard at work trying to figure that out.

8 comments:

Gene and Susie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gene and Susie said...

I'll bet you enjoyed Iron Maiden more than I did Jimmi Hendrix.

B Kerr Fam said...

HAHAHA!!! I would have loved to see Jimi Hendrix. Mom there were women your age there rocking out; it was amazing to see such a wide range of ages represented. Teen rockers to people who had to get out of thier rockers.

Anonymous said...

Bryan, sounds like you are not missing to much fun. I am one of the none golfers. Whenever I finish a round and I complain that my back hurts, I am always reminded by my buddies that I take twice as many swings as everyone else. I always check out your blog. I miss your family. I hope all is well.

Gene and Susie said...

It was also the first time I smelled 'weed.' Your Dad has introduced me to some very interesting things. Personally, I'll take Neil Diamond and Engelbert Humperdink!!!!!

B Kerr Fam said...

Hey Will!!! I am doing my best to have a blast. Bryson is the ultimate source of fun though. He is hilarious and has a personality all of his own. I would love to have you come down for a ball game and some golf!!!

Mom- you are weird!!!!

Jodie said...

you mean your head didn't hurt from head banging for 2 hours?

B Kerr Fam said...

There was not a lot of head banging going on. Everyone was too busy signing. I was trying to understand the words, take good pictures to document my experience and stare in amazement as they older guys played the guitars. Amazing, I am ready to go again.