Sunday, December 21, 2008

Good to be home

5, 12, 21, 23, 30, 33...these were not the roads that we took to get to Boise. These were the temperatures at some of the places we stopped. Yes the first # is 5, as in 5 degrees. It was so cold it hurt; no bueno. Doug and I survived 21.5 hours in the u-haul, some nasty winter roads, winds, rain, snow and speeding semis (no idea how those dudes roll 75 on a road that is missing the lines because of the snow pack). It was a good trip and it surprisingly went quickly. We unloaded the truck and after dinner and being up for 36 hours I was done. I slept for about 14 hours and was still not back. I got a tour of Boise and saw the Stadium with the blue turf; although it was blocked to see the blue turf I nonetheless have been there now. I missed a couple of chances to see the Zamora family because of timing. I thought I was going to have a longer layover in SLC but did not. I got home to the nicer cold weather, it was 53 when I arrived last night. It is 40 here this morning and the condensation is a thinly frozen layer on my car; I am glad that winter is here. It means 20 days of college football and some visits from family. I am not sure who is more excited for Christmas- Bryce or me. Santa needs to hurry...



Yes the cactus is decorated!!!!!

Yes there are no presents under the tree. They would not have made it to Christmas if we had them there.

1 comment:

Gene and Susie said...

I love the cute face on Bryce. The cactus is great - Arizona Christmas!!! I'm glad you had a safe time. Love ~ Mom