I would update you all with my life and Lisa's life but I am pretty sure that you are here to see what is happening with the kids.
Kelci is walking; our 11 month old baby is walking. It still seems surreal that I am saying that. She is a big time Mommy's girl. Little shadow and attached at the hip are accurate descriptions. She also loves Bryson, she watches him like a hawk. She likes me when it suits her purposes (snacks or the silver can). She has developed the dirty look and will use it when something does not go her way. Because her brother is a motor mouth, she feels that she can emulate him. She yammers and whines when she feels the need; which by my account is often and more often. It is kind of funny to watch a baby "noise it up" to obtain that which she desires. Lisa knows how to decipher it; I just laugh at her. Because she is mobile she is now prone to falls, spills, trips and other wobbly adventures. Unfortunately for me, I was on duty when she got her badge of the walking wounded. I was tow steps behind her when she went down. Face first into Bryson's bed, a moment of silence, followed by the perpetual full lung scream; damn it was loud and it was long. I retreated to my room to watch the hockey games and was low key for a couple of days. Needless to say, the hockey goaltenders weren't the only ones with shutouts last week!!! Here are a few pictures of the baby at her finest moments-
Bryson and Lisa attended Kindergarten orientation this evening. I am not sure how I feel about my boy, my namesake, being old enough for school. It seems like last month that we were at Kaiser with him in the NICU. Wow how the last 5 and half years have flown by. If getting ready for school was not enough for me, he lost his first tooth this week. It was loose out of nowhere and he was a little worried that he would be in trouble for losing a tooth. We assured him that all was well and if he lost it the tooth fairy would come and leave him some money. Well I got a call at work form Bryson letting me know that he brushed his tooth out. He was so proud and I think this is the best smile that he has ever had. He loves Kelci and told her that she would have grown up teeth someday as well. He is pre-school two days a week and a sports class on Wednesdays. He will take swim lessons this summer and who knows what else. Here are Bryson's pictures-
Lisa and I are fine, busy with work and school.
Ciao
2 comments:
LOVE your update. We miss your family so much that we look forward to them. Maybe a monthly update is a way of keeping us anxiously awaiting more. We love it. I can't believe that Kelci is walking. I can't wait to see her. How exciting...and Bryson lost his first tooth? How crazy is that? Looks like there was a lot going on. It is scary to imagine our children going to school. Hunter is completing his first year of school and it freaks me out to think my little boy is going to be a First Grader. Where have the last 5 1/2 years gone? Our boys are growing up. It's a good thing but boy do I miss him as an infant. Thanks for the update!
I have to keep coming back to look at these pictures. The top one of Kelci is hilarious. What a little ham!
Post a Comment