Sunday, January 24, 2010

January Update and Legos...

Wow our first blog post of 2010, I know that we have been slacking but sometimes when you send the day working on a computer the last thing you want to do is spend more time on a computer. All is well here in Phoenix, we have all battled being sick (some worse than others) and hopefully we will have a nice long healthy streak. This month has been great for us. Each January starts with the K Kerr's coming down for the Insight Bowl and New Year's; it is so much fun to have them here. Getting some alone time with Kelly is the best part of my year. Bryson started pre-school at the local community center; he goes twice a week so Kelci and Lisa get a little girly time. Bryce is growing up very quickly and it is hard to believe that he is 5 now. He loves Star Wars, Indiana Jones, video games and Pepsi (not sure where he picked all of that up). He is a great helper- he loves to bake (waffles and cookies) loves to help Lisa with Kelci and watches out for Kelci when she might be doing something out of line. He loves his little sister; it is quite a sight to watch the two of them together.

Kelci is growing every day. 3 teeth, no desire to sit up, rapid commando crawling and climbing-yes climbing. She pulls herself up on anything and everything she can get a grip on. We joke that she will be walking before she can sit up!! She has discovered her voice and loves the attention that the pitches get here. She is quick to tell us when she is not happy, but is also quick to tell us that she is having fun. I love her laugh and how she "talks" to Bryce. They are quite a pair.

Lisa is back in school and is down to 8 classes to finish her degree. The kids keep her busy all day and there is never a dull moment. She really wants to meet Dean and was a little disappointed when I told her that we would not be able to make it back for the blessing because of work. She is looking forward to a trip to CA sooner rather than later.

I work. Need I say more?!?!

Now onto the fun stuff...Legos. What a great way to pass the time, encourage creativity and have fun with your child. I love Legos, always have-always will. I re-discovered them when I was unemployed and had a few extra hours on my hands. As Bryson has gotten older he has discovered the Lego website and knows just about every Lego on the market right now. We have made many purchases that we build, they get destroyed and end up in our Lego bucket. The last few nights Bryson and I have sat at our dining table and built Legos. We have easily spent 4 hours just sitting and building. It is fun having a 5 year old tell you that what you are building is "kind of cool" then changing it to "really cool" when you hand it to him. Here are some pictures of what we built this week (the Star Wars stuff was built a while ago...yes...Darth Vader makes two appearances); along with some kiddie pics as well











2 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

The lego pics are great - but I like the ones of my grandies better!!!!! Anxious to see you. Love ~ Mom

Kerr Family said...

Love the pics and stories. We miss your blog...but totally understand. Life is busy and sometimes all you want to do when you get home is sit down and relax. It just makes each post that you do that much more special and anticipated! We are so excited to see you all next week. Kelly is excited for the super bowl party. He has already planned on having shrimp....Tell me what you want me to make and I'll do it. Can't wait to see the kids!!! Love you all.