Friday, January 9, 2009

A few words from me

Let the silence be broken. It has been a while since I sat down and really blogged. A lot has happened since my return from the Artic North of Utah and Idaho. Christmas was great- it was fun to finally play with the toys that we got Bryce. It was fun to watch him open the gifts and try to decide what he wanted to play with. That type of indecision is great. I got a Lego gift card from Mark and Karen and used that to buy a 3500 piece Deathstar!! (I need something to do since I keep getting turned away from jobs). It was fun building it.

New Year’s was great again. It was like Christmas all over again having the K Kerr 5 here. I picked Kelly up from the airport and we headed off to the insight Bowl and saw a great game. We ate and drank all we could and really enjoyed just hanging out and watching football. We got home before Nicole and kids got in (see their blog) but once they showed up the fun began. It is quite a treat to watch 4 spun up kids trying to go to sleep!! I think Bryce misses Hunter almost as badly as I miss Kelly. The four adults played Rock Band into the morning hours. That game is a blast, if you have not played it you are missing out on a hilarious opportunity. But you need some components to really have a good time. You have a singer who can mimic the real ones, a guitar fool who will really rock, a drummer who is not afraid to bang the heck out and the drums and another guitar player who can play the bass. We rotated the parts all night but the highlights were- Kelly (who has a great voice) really got into character on some of the songs including some dance moves. I can’t sit still and play I have to be up moving and grooving to the songs. Lisa and Nicole try to watch us and the notes on the screen at the same time. As Nicole posted on her blog we were in the middle of my favorite song when 2009 came rolling in.

New Years Day was relaxing and quite- sort of a R&R day. We BBQ’d and had the football games on all day. Friday we went to the mall and to Bass Pro Shops (the greatest place on earth). It is the unofficial B Kerr family hang out. Thankfully Kelly and Nicole like the place as well. We got home and found out that tickets were still available for the Cardinals/Falcons NFL playoff game on Saturday. Kelly got a couple of tickets and we and we ended up going. It was the first Cardinal home playoff game since 1947 and there first playoff game since 1998. It was loud, it was raucous, and it was a great game. First time at a playoff game and it was historical. Kelly and Nicole left after the game and we were sad to see them go. The only bad part about them coming down is having to say goodbye to them.

Then Monday…I would be lying if I did not tell everyone that I am disappointed that we are having a girl. I still have not decided if I am happy or not. Now before you condemn me for having my opinion and feel the way I do let me tell you why- I wanted Bryson to have a brother. I know first hand how important and fantastic it is to have a brother. To have someone with you everyday that is going through the same things that you are and witnessing everything. I wanted Bryce to be able to grow up with a brother that would be there whenever and for whatever reason. Now Bryce won’t have that but he has something close. Bryson has Hunter. I can only hope that the two of them remain friends throughout their lives. They both have sisters now and we will need someone who understands what they are going through. If the two of them are half as close as Kelly and I then they will end up having a great life. I am sure that within a few weeks I will be excited about our little Kelci and having a little girl. I may even have a chance of her liking me more than her mom. Bryce is rewriting the “Guide to be being a MOMMA’S Boy.” Either way she is bringing balance to our lives and tilting the balance in the lives of others.

8 comments:

Nunazuna said...

You are sooo funny Bryan! I think your opinion of having a little girl is perfectly fine. Having sisters, I would feel the same way. I too would want a same sex companion for my little ones. I guess this just means you guys will have to try at least 2 more times! Don't worry, you will fall in love with her the first time you lay eyes on her. Just like you did with Lisa. Only in a different way. Hopefully her butt won't be the first thing you see like it was with Lisa! Ha!!! I can totally remember that day you first saw your little wifey. Good thing there was a lovely young lady attached to that butt! I can't imagine Lisa playing Rock Band! I've never played but I know how big it is in Utah! Give Lisa a hug and kiss for me!

Kerr Family said...

There's no condemning here. I can't tell you how truly disappointed I was when I found out that Mylie was going to be a girl. I figured she was a surprise baby she better be a boy. Well the surprises didn't stop with a surprise pregnancy it went with the sex of the baby too. I think I was disappointed for weeks. Now that she's here I wouldn't want anything else.

It will be nice for Kelci to have an older brother. She will look up to him and Bryce will be her protective older brother. Still can't wait to meet her. Love the name too!

The ZamFam said...

And does Miss Kelci have a middle name? I know she'll be as pretty as her Mommy because Bryce is as handsome as his Daddy. Dad really wanted Jodie to be a boy. I knew if she had been then he would have been finished having children and I wasn't done. God works in mysterious ways!!!!! Kelci Kerr - Lisa, that's a very pretty name. I'm so anxious to meet her!!!

The ZamFam said...

These comments say they're from Zam Fam - they're from Mom!!

B Kerr Fam said...

Anytime anyone is in AZ they can come play Rock Band with us. It is a blast.
Thanks everyone for your words. I guess I am spolied because I have the best brother/friend in the world.
As far as a her full name- I think it will be Kelci Naomi Kerr.

Bry

Kerr Family said...

Just out of curiosity...is there a reason for the names? I love how people come up with names.

Gene and Susie said...

I'd like to know that, too. She has a beautiful name. (Did you know that was Ruth's middle name?)

Jodie said...

Okay, I'm horrible at checking blogs, I know! Love the name, love rock band and love that I am finally reading blogs again to find out what is going on with my family. Kelci, cute name. I am thinking it is pronounced Kel-c? Now you have a daddy's girl to go along with a momma's boy! Love ya guys