Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Hodge Podge of updates...

It has been a while since I blogged and there has been a lot on my mind. I get these weird, random thoughts and think I should write these down. But, alas, I never do and they are gone. Here is what has been on my mind:

My book is done. I sent it to the publisher and it is complete. After 6 long years I can finally call myself an author. Kelly played an integral role in helping me get the book done and he is now an author as well. The book is entitled, "The Ties Which Bind" by Bryan Kerr with Kelly Kerr. Look for copies to be arriving at your homes in April. The finished project looks nothing like what I had anticipated. With that said, I could not be happier or more proud of how it ended up. A few people got a sneak preview at some pages and all of them were laughing pretty hard. Plus there is a surprise in the book someplace...(No we are not having twins)

I am not sure if any of the Kerr Family remember me talking about my friend Brooker from my mission. Well after 9 years we finally got back in touch. It is amazing to me how fast you can reconnect with the friends you are close to. I met him when I was in Albany and he and his family took really good care of me. I only have a handful of really close friends/brothers (Kelly, Brad, Doug, Brooker, Will and Derek) and they are like brothers to me. I can honestly say that I would not have survived Albany without Brooker and his family. He is a wonderful friend, plus it's kind of nice to have an older, wiser brother.

I am looming for any old USSR clothing and money, it seems that we are headed backwards 20 years to socialism. I wonder if people thought about that during the last elections? Oh well, I love democracy and being able to agree to disagree in most instances.

Lisa made me Pepsi jello (all of you know my affinity for Pepsi). We used mom's 7-Up jello recipe but it did not turn out. It tasted and looked like mom's jello. I could not taste the Pepsi, bummer.

I got new license plates for my car. I held out for as long as I could but the call for vanity plates was just too much for me to shun. Can you guess what it means- HWAY2HL!!!!

They finally heated the pool in the complex to a very nice 86 degrees. As a result we have been swimming the last few nights. It has been great. We wondered it Bryce would remember the fun he had last year- he did, jumped right in. Those of you that have seen him, know what we are talking about.

Bryce and I played Rock Band a couple of nights ago and it is fun to have a shadow. He has no idea that his drums or guitar are not plugged in but he just mimics me. I hammed it up and he followed closely. Lisa got quite a show seeing her husband and son on the floor playing guitars. It is so much fun to have a 4 year old that is hilarious. He has a great personality and is so much like his father. Uh-oh...

Lisa and the baby are doing fine. She is still doing school and making progress. As soon as she gets her degree I am going to retire again and send her to work. I am going to teach Kelci how to golf and Bryce will caddy for her. He likes to walk and talk so I have it all planned out.

Circle the first weekend in August for the baby blessing. Right now we are planning on having her blessing at Mom and Dad's on Saturday evening the 1st. Lisa talked to Mark about blessing her and he indicated that he would do it. I am thinking that we will have her blessed first then we can chow. We had originally planned on having the blessing here, but decided that most folks probably could not handle our summers. Stay tuned for updates.

I am still a Broncos fan, I just hate the drama going on right now. It's funny that I find myself drawn towards the LA teams (Dodgers, Angels, Lakers). I have never really rooted for them but I cannot get enough of them. What steps do I need to take to join the fan clubs? Do I sacrifice chickens, burn clothing, blow up dolls? The Panthers have a slim chance at making the playoffs this year- its only been a decade since that happened. I miss the NASCAR races and the perks that came with it. I would never pay for tickets but dang those were a blast.

Well I think I have rambled enough. Except for one more thing- Kelly and Nicole need to move to Arizona soon!!! Hell you all need to move down here.

Bry

5 comments:

Nunazuna said...

Congrats on your book Bryan! Please keep me updated on the baby's blessing. I would love to come and be able to see everyone.

Gene and Susie said...

You are a great writer. I'm anxious to read your book. If the rest of it is as funny as the story Kelly read to me, then I better not read it on the plane!!!

Sounds like all is well in Arizona. I'm excited to see all of you! I'll have Tommy's chili in hand!!!

Kerr Family said...

With sales tax going up 1% next month and crummy local school districts, Arizona is looking awefully inviting!

Can't wait to read the completed book. Sounds like things are going well. Excited for the months to come!

Gene and Susie said...

Sorry. Some of my grandies need to say here in California.

The ZamFam said...

I am dying to read the book!!! It will fun!! And Happy Birthday Lisa!! We love you!!