
One of the many benefits of living a quiet, routine like existence is that nothing really extraordinary ever happens. One can argue that this sort of life is dull. I am of the thinking that my quiet life is great. Yes it is routine, I got to work and I come home. The summer months are hot so if we do not have to be out in the sun, we are not. We have become much wiser about the weather in the year we have been in Phoenix. Other than being on crutches for a week and another week in a walking sandal, life has remained uneventful.
I do not know if Lisa would agree but this been one of the best years of my life. I thoroughly enjoy Arizona and do not anticipate leaving. My job is great, Bryce gets to be more fun everyday, we have our friends, we have all of the major sports, we have a great A/C and we have each other. I would have to say that moving here was one of the 5 best decisions of my life. Now if I could just talk Kelly and Nicole into moving down here life would even better.
Speaking of Kelly, he has been a topic of increased conversation in our household over the course of the last few days. One day last week, I do not remember which, we were out swimming and Bryce was being himself- jumping into the water with reckless abandon. Out of no where he started talking about Uncle Kelly helped him hit the cups. He repeated that close to 20 times. The topic of Kelly and knocking the cups over has come up everyday at the most random times. I finally asked Kelly what the heck Bryce was talking about. Kelly said that at Hunter’s party there was a Nerf gun and he helped Bryce shoot the gun. A simple little act has had a HUGE impact on my little guy. It’s no wonder that Bryce talks about Kelly and Hunter.
My brother also does things for me. He knows that I am not real competitive anymore and do not get upset at the games on TV or video games. So knowing this he decides to send me and Bryson the Mario Kart game for the Nintendo Wii. Not only did the man sabotage me with this game he had the audacity to ask me how I was doing. I hate being cheated at games and this game is the best cheater I have played against. As I relayed to him my anger, hatred, lack of patience, desire to throw the remote through the wall and slam a bed with a bat, he is laughing. It does not offend me that he is laughing at me, because I know that he is experiencing the same emotions. Probably the only difference in that scenario is our wives- I am pretty sure that Nicole watches and laughs at him; Lisa just leaves!!!
August brings many things to us. Football, football and more football!!! Oh, Lisa starts school again in a couple of weeks. Football is a very important topic in the B Kerr household and is not treated lightly. The jersey was washed and hung back up on the wall; the helmets were dusted and strategically placed on the bookcase; the Elway football was re-inflated and cleaned. I can only hope that the Donkeys do better this year than last; it is hard to talk football when your team is a joke.
Life continues to be good here in Phoenix.
I do not know if Lisa would agree but this been one of the best years of my life. I thoroughly enjoy Arizona and do not anticipate leaving. My job is great, Bryce gets to be more fun everyday, we have our friends, we have all of the major sports, we have a great A/C and we have each other. I would have to say that moving here was one of the 5 best decisions of my life. Now if I could just talk Kelly and Nicole into moving down here life would even better.
Speaking of Kelly, he has been a topic of increased conversation in our household over the course of the last few days. One day last week, I do not remember which, we were out swimming and Bryce was being himself- jumping into the water with reckless abandon. Out of no where he started talking about Uncle Kelly helped him hit the cups. He repeated that close to 20 times. The topic of Kelly and knocking the cups over has come up everyday at the most random times. I finally asked Kelly what the heck Bryce was talking about. Kelly said that at Hunter’s party there was a Nerf gun and he helped Bryce shoot the gun. A simple little act has had a HUGE impact on my little guy. It’s no wonder that Bryce talks about Kelly and Hunter.
My brother also does things for me. He knows that I am not real competitive anymore and do not get upset at the games on TV or video games. So knowing this he decides to send me and Bryson the Mario Kart game for the Nintendo Wii. Not only did the man sabotage me with this game he had the audacity to ask me how I was doing. I hate being cheated at games and this game is the best cheater I have played against. As I relayed to him my anger, hatred, lack of patience, desire to throw the remote through the wall and slam a bed with a bat, he is laughing. It does not offend me that he is laughing at me, because I know that he is experiencing the same emotions. Probably the only difference in that scenario is our wives- I am pretty sure that Nicole watches and laughs at him; Lisa just leaves!!!
August brings many things to us. Football, football and more football!!! Oh, Lisa starts school again in a couple of weeks. Football is a very important topic in the B Kerr household and is not treated lightly. The jersey was washed and hung back up on the wall; the helmets were dusted and strategically placed on the bookcase; the Elway football was re-inflated and cleaned. I can only hope that the Donkeys do better this year than last; it is hard to talk football when your team is a joke.
Life continues to be good here in Phoenix.

3 comments:
Hello from Diamond Bar. Been checking your blog for several weeks now, good to finally hear from you.
Thanks for the updates and cute pics of Bryson. Hope your foot is feeling better now.
Take care and love always,
Mom and Grandma G
Bryson - you're getting so tall. Are you as tall as Mom yet? Enjoy your next semester of school, Lisa. Bryan - hope the toe is better. Football - ahh yes!!!
Yes, I sit there and laugh and then ask when it's my turn. One of our controllers has a nice crack in it...that one's Kelly's. He saves the good one for other people to play with.
Hope your foot is feeling better. Did you ever find out what it really was?
Hope the Broncos do better this year!
Post a Comment